Cloud storage is a growing trend that allows you to access your data from anywhere, with a simple internet connection, by storing your files on remote servers.
But what if you don’t want to entrust the mainstream storage providers with all your data, or if you simply do want to get free from their storage limits ?
Acan is the solution to set up easily your private cloud-storage server. All you need is a web hosting or a network attached storage unit wired to your home or office network), running php. Deploy it and you will be able to access your files from anywhere in the galaxy.
Acan is accessed like any website. The rich interface it provides is supported by all major web browsers and allows you to manage your files exactly like you would on your local computer.
- PHP5 supported server.
- Download latest version from here.
- Extract zip archive to path were do you want to install.
- Login with username "administrator" and password "password".
- You can change "storage" folder permission to 700 for disabling it's access from internet.
- You can change filename "administrator" in folder "storage/userbase" to your own username.
- Advanced user can edit "base.config.php" and "user.config.php" file according to their server configuration.
- Actions : download, rename, copy, move, delete, share, email, preview, extract and archive.
- Comment : support for commenting files and folders.
- Database : not required.
- Download : support unique public links for normal and chunked file downloads.
- Editor : support editing of most text formats like html, xml, js, cs, c etc.
- Language : english.
- Preview : gif, png, jpg, pdf, doc, xls, most text formats like html, xml, js, cs, c etc.
- Search : current directory and whole directory.
- Upload : uploader module for multiple file uploading with progress display support.
- Users : manager module with self user registration with optional e-mail confirmation.
- View : detail view only with sortable and filtering.
- Affero GNU Public License.